Since November 2019 I am postdoc in the group of Chiara Saffirio at the University of Basel. Before that, I spent two years in the group of Robert Seiringer at the Institute of Science and Technology Austria. I obtained my Ph.D. in mathematics at the LMU Munich under the supervision of Peter Pickl.
My field of research is mathematical physics. In particular, I am applying tools from functional analysis and partial differential equations to study the properties of effective evolution equations and to derive them from many-body quantum mechanics. Moreover, I am interested in the theoretical description of arrival time measurements in quantum mechanics.
8. Landau-Pekar equations and quantum fluctuations for the dynamics of a strongly coupled polaron,
Leopold, N., Mitrouskas, D., Rademacher, S., Schlein, B. and Seiringer, R., Preprint, arXiv:2005.02098, submitted.
7. Derivation of the Landau-Pekar equations in a many-body mean-field limit,
Leopold, N., Mitrouskas, D. and Seiringer, R., Preprint, arXiv:2001.03993, submitted.
6. The Landau-Pekar equations: Adiabatic theorem and accuracy,
Leopold, N., Rademacher, S., Schlein, B. and Seiringer, R., Analysis & PDE (in press), arXiv:1904.12532.
5. Theory of the Rotating Polaron: Spectrum and Self-Localization,
Yakaboylu, E., Midya, B., Deuchert, A., Leopold, N. and Lemeshko, M., Physical Review B 98, 224506 (2019), DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.98.224506, arXiv:1809.01204.
4. Mean-Field Dynamics for the Nelson Model with Fermions,
Leopold, N. and Petrat, S., Ann. Henri Poincaré 20, 3471–3508, DOI: 10.1007/s00023-019-00828-w, arXiv:1807.06781.
3. Mean-field limits of particles in interaction with quantized radiation fields,
Leopold, N. and Pickl, P., in: Cadamuro D., Duell M., Dybalski W., Simonella S. (eds) Macroscopic Limits of Quantum Systems, MaLiQS 2017, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics 270, Springer, Cham, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-01602-9, arXiv:1806.10843.
2. Derivation of the Maxwell-Schrödinger Equations from the Pauli-Fierz Hamiltonian,
Leopold, N. and Pickl, P., SIAM J. Math. Anal. (in press), arXiv:1609.01545.
1. Derivation of the Time Dependent Gross-Pitaevskii Equation in Two Dimensions,
Jeblick, M., Leopold, N. and Pickl, P., Comm. Math. Phys. 372, 1–69 (2019), DOI: 10.1007/s00220-019-03599-x, arXiv:1608.05326.
Contributions to Oberwolfach Reports
10. Effective dynamics for the Nelson model with many fermions,
contribution to the mini-workshop report "Lorentz Gas Dynamics: particle systems and scaling limits" (2019), DOI: 10.4171/OWR/2019/10
9. Derivation of the Maxwell-Schrödinger Equations from the Pauli-Fierz Hamiltonian,
contribution to the workshop report "Mathematical Questions and Challenges in Quantum Electrodynamics and its Applications" (2017), DOI: 10.4171/OWR/2017/41.